July 15, 2011

Time For Tea

There is just something so wonderfully...what's the word?....ah yes, British, about a tea party. That's the only way to describe it. Oh, and maybe, elegant, romantic and regal as well. But British pretty much sums it up. Who doesn't want to feel like the Queen of England, sipping tea out of expensive china on her wedding day? And no, you don't need expensive china to pull it off, you just have to feel like it's expensive. In fact, you can go to vintage stores and garage sales and pick up miss-matched tea cups and saucers and pull off a fabulously vintage-chic look.

And, while you're thinking about having a tea party themed wedding, you might as well go all out and have your guests wear big hats and talk in accents. You'll be saying things like, "One lump, or two my dear?" in no time!

tea party wedding
Photos courtesy of Style Me Pretty

7 comments:

Karla said...

*sigh* How perfect is each picture.. love this inspiration board.. you just got me all giddy about my bridal shower coming up :)

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, I love those shows. Steve Madden? I'm on a mission!

Shannon said...

LOVE it!! That's all I can say! :-D

Brandt & Shardi said...

Karlita: a tea-party bridal shower? I love that idea! You will have such a great time!

Laura: haha yes I love them too!

Shannon: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the inspiration!

Thanks for reading ladies!

Stylish Bliss with MiMi said...

Love and adore that teacup and saucer. Great inspirational board!

Cathy said...

I nearly had scones etc served on the wedding day but went a different route in the end. As part of my hen weekend we went to posh hotel outside of London and had afternoon tea, it was gorgeous. RE accents and big hats, well I have an accent (obviously, being British) and my mum wore a big hat to our wedding.

Brandt & Shardi said...

Mimi: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

AlwaysWright: You are such a lucky lucky gal! What I wouldn't give to be British and have a lovely accent and afternoon tea in London!

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics