July 8, 2011

Oooo, pretty!

With my own wedding coming up in a little over a year, I have been spending hours scouring the internet for centerpiece ideas that I like. It seemed pretty easy to me, until my fiancée and I booked our reception venue. We are having it at YOLO, which is a new reception hall that is hooked onto a night club. So, the place is pretty dark: think black ceilings, gray/silver walls, etc. I've realized that not just any old centerpiece will work for a place like this. Anything I do will just get lost in the dim lights of the room.

Finally, after much searching, I think I've got it: light up centerpieces! Sounds trashy, right? I don't want my reception looking like Showgirls III, for obvious reasons. Luckily, I've found some pictures that I think look up-scale and fun, without any of the sleeze. So here they are. What do you think?

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I've been thinking about doing this, too. I'm sure there's plenty of ways you can make it look elegant (and not like a strip club). The great thing is, if you the venue doesn't allow candles, battery-operated LEDs give you a beautiful option!!

Shardi said...

Yes, that's a great point! My venue only allows for votives, but they won't give off enough light to make much of an impact. I'll just have to give it a whirl and see what happens

AlwaysWright said...

Hi, it's Prewitt from WB.

Love this idea, love the look.

AlwaysWright said...

BTW - Seeing your profile you're so pretty, you'll look gorgeous on your big day :) You mention "I'll be wasting my life away", You're right I did this researching on the internet at any moment possible.

Shardi said...

Thank you so so much! You are so sweet. You made such a gorgeous bride as well. And yes, the planning is so fun. I bet your sad it's over...but happy to be married!

Ajay Damraliya said...

Its great !

Thank you very much for sharing !

Thanks & Regards,

Greetings Everyday

Greetings Everyday said...

Best Greetings Collection
Happy holi 2016 HD Wallpapers Images Picture
Happy holi in advance wishes messages in hindi
Happy Holi in advance wishes messages is english
Happy Holi Dhuleti 2016 wishes Messages
Happy Holi 2016 Wishes Messages in Hindi
Happy Holi 2016 Wishes Messages in English
Happy Holi / Dhuleti 2016 Greetings Images with best wishes
Best Quotes Collection for happy holi 2016
Facebook cover photo for happy holi 2016

Core Days said...

Ramadan Mubarak 2016
Eid Mubarak 2016 quotes images in english
Eid Mubarak 2016 shayri in hindi
Eid Mubarak 2016 HD wallpapers images pictures
Ramdan Mubarak 2016 whatsapp status in english
whatsapp status sort messages sms for Eid Mubarak
Ramdan Mubarak 2016 greetings images pictures
Happy Eid Mubarak Ramdan Mubarak 2016 Greetings images with best wishes

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics