July 8, 2011

Oooo, pretty!

With my own wedding coming up in a little over a year, I have been spending hours scouring the internet for centerpiece ideas that I like. It seemed pretty easy to me, until my fiancée and I booked our reception venue. We are having it at YOLO, which is a new reception hall that is hooked onto a night club. So, the place is pretty dark: think black ceilings, gray/silver walls, etc. I've realized that not just any old centerpiece will work for a place like this. Anything I do will just get lost in the dim lights of the room.

Finally, after much searching, I think I've got it: light up centerpieces! Sounds trashy, right? I don't want my reception looking like Showgirls III, for obvious reasons. Luckily, I've found some pictures that I think look up-scale and fun, without any of the sleeze. So here they are. What do you think?

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I've been thinking about doing this, too. I'm sure there's plenty of ways you can make it look elegant (and not like a strip club). The great thing is, if you the venue doesn't allow candles, battery-operated LEDs give you a beautiful option!!

Brandt & Shardi said...

Yes, that's a great point! My venue only allows for votives, but they won't give off enough light to make much of an impact. I'll just have to give it a whirl and see what happens

Cathy said...

Hi, it's Prewitt from WB.

Love this idea, love the look.

Cathy said...

BTW - Seeing your profile you're so pretty, you'll look gorgeous on your big day :) You mention "I'll be wasting my life away", You're right I did this researching on the internet at any moment possible.

Brandt & Shardi said...

Thank you so so much! You are so sweet. You made such a gorgeous bride as well. And yes, the planning is so fun. I bet your sad it's over...but happy to be married!

ajaydamraliya said...

Its great !

Thank you very much for sharing !

Thanks & Regards,

Greetings Everyday

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics