July 11, 2011

The Roaring 20's

The 1920's were full of all kinds of wonderful trends: jazz, the Fox Trot, Mickey Mouse, and most importantly, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Aside from these things, one of the most prominent trends that we can take from the 20's is their fashion. Think flappers: fringe, lace, pearls, feathers, and all kinds of other vintage-chic items.

The 20's can be a great inspiration for a wedding. It adds a vintage flair, but can still be soft and romantic at the same time. Modern day flapper dresses for your bridesmaids is a MUST, as is old-school foods (like homemade pies and root beer). It's the type of theme where you've got to be ready to go all-out. Trust me, you'd have fun with this one. And, if you could get your future hubby to learn the Charleston, you're all set.

1920s inspired vintage wedding
Photos courtesy of Style Me Pretty

2 comments:

eliz said...

Love it! I am going to add cap sleeves on my dress...I wish I can steal her cap sleeves haha.

Brandt & Shardi said...

Cap sleeves are so adorable and chic! You'll to post pics so I can oogle over your dress!

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics