1. My fiancée's favorite color is green.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. I don't want the purple and green to look like Barney.
4. Our reception venue is black and silver.
5. Our wedding will be in late September, meaning that I wouldn't want too summery of colors.
6. Everything must be drool-worthy.
And voîla! My inspiration board is born. I am obsessed with little black bridesmaid dresses, so that is a must. While purple and green may be a bit, "My eyeballs are burning out of their sockets" when done too brightly and elaborately, I think I can pull it off with HINTS of the colors in muted tones. I can't overdo it. So right now I'm thinking: black, silver, dark purple & green. Ya? Ya? What do you think?
|Photos courtesy of Style Me Pretty & The Knot|