August 12, 2011

S'more, please.

I must admit that s'mores are one of my guiltiest pleasures. The perfect combination of roasted marshmallow, crunchy graham cracker and smooth, melty chocolate is hard to beat. Plus my future hubby and I like to camp, and s'mores is the ultimate campfire food. I had thought about having s'mores as a late night snack at the wedding. But then I thought, "How would we roast the mallows?" S'mores are no good without teddy-bear brown marshmallows. Then, I came across a post from Wedding Window that has the PERFECT s'mores bar. Not only is it fun and delicious, but they actually made it look really nice and chic too.

I'm highly considering this option, as long as the venue is OK with open flame. I mean, it's safe, right?

What do you think? Would you do something laid back like this on your big day?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always make a HUGE mess with s'mores so I def would not have this at my wedding. I could see melted marshmellow all over my dress right now. lol I would do this at some other event though where I wouldn't mind sticky fingers!

Laura said...

I looks like a lot of fun. I say go for it! Maybe your vendor could have attendants preparing them for folks. It's no different from a chocolate fountain or ice cream station in regards to messiness.

Brandt & Shardi said...

Haha I thought about the mess too..but I think it would be super fun. I'm not having some super formal stuffy wedding where everyone has to act all prim and proper anyway. I want everyone to let their hair down and if they get sticky fingers then they can just go wash them off, who cares!!

Laura, having attendants doing it is a FANTASTIC idea! Great thinking. It could save a lot of hassle.

Thanks for the comments ladies! xoxo

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! I have a major sweet tooth and would LOVE smores!

And you could have the little wet napkins to help with the sticky fingers!

Saying I do said...

that is the coolest idea!

Emily said...

Love s'mores, Shards! Sounds like a lot of fun. And as for the mess? I'd offer "moist towelettes" at the end, like restaurants do with ribs. A little more effective than scrubbing in the bathroom, and keeps the bathroom traffic down.
Oh, and ever try Reese's Peanut Butter Cups instead of chocolate bars? We should probably be doing this soon. ;)

Keep up the amazing posts! They're so clever and fun!

Cathy said...

I don't know what S'mores are. Guess we don't get them in Britain ;( I love this kind of food at a wedding, it's sociable too so people can mingle.

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics