September 7, 2011

Glitz and Glamour

A little bit of glitz and glamour never hurt anyone! In fact, I think it can be a good thing. A very, very good thing. Sparkly things just ooze fancy-schmancy, and they really add a dramatic touch to, well, anything! The great thing about using diamonds, crystals, glitter, etc is that you can go as crazy or as tame as you want. For a really over-the-top wow factor, go for lots of glitz. For a more classic, contemporary feel, tone it down a bit. I think at least a little bit of sparkle is necessary at every wedding!

While you're in a "I want to look at all things pretty" mood, go check out one of my lovely fellow blogger's post about pretty "sparklies" she found on Etsy. Shes super beautiful, is planning a gorgeous New Orleans wedding, and has a great eye for pretty things. Go check here out here: Love in the Big Easy!


Center: Bride
First row: Sparkly dress, shoes, vase
Second row: headband, cake
Third row: candelabra, purse
Fourth row: Bracelet, brooch, shoes
sparkly glamour wedding



6 comments:

Shannon said...

That jewel-encrusted cake is to die for! Where did you find it?

Thank you so much for the shoutout, Shardi. You are just too sweet!

Brandt & Shardi said...

Thanks Shannon! I found it here: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2011/06/13/santa-monica-wedding-by-kristen-weaver-photography/

It was part of a 1920's themed wedding! Just scroll down on the page and you'll find it. Pretty, huh?

No problem on the shoutout. Anytime! Us wedding bloggers have to watch each other's backs! :)

Melissa said...

Do you know where that top right necklace is from? I love it!

k... said...

The headband is super rad! Great inspiration board!

Katie said...

I love the glitzy cake!

Brandt & Shardi said...

Melissa: No, I'm sorry, I don't know where it's from. It's unbelievably pretty though...I'd def like to get my hands on it!

K: Thank you! It is super cool, isn't it? I'm def in love with it.

Kat: I love it too! I wouldn't have thought about putting something unedible like that on a cake, but I think it looks awesome!

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics