September 13, 2011

Cakes, Cakes Cakes!

I have to admit...my wedding cake isn't the most important thing on my agenda for wedding planning. In fact, it isn't even in the top 5. Why? Because all I really care about is that it tastes good. And it looks pretty. I don't plan on it being huge and elaborate. There are other things I'd rather spend my time and money on.

But, that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a beyond-gorgeous cake when I see one! Trust me, I do. In fact, I've been saving pictures of drool-worthy cakes for quite some time...just because I like to look at them. I don't discriminate, so I actually like all kinds of different ones: formal, modern, vintage, rustic, colorful. They're all beautiful. So, for all you ladies out there who DO put a high-emphasis on their cake, this post is for you! Hopefully you can find some inspiration.


Photo source

Photo credit











Photo credit

Photo credit


Photo credit

Photo credit

Photo credit

Photo credit

Photos courtesy of Style me Pretty and Brides.com

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! Those are some beautiful cakes! I'm like you, as long as it tastes good I'm happy. But I think it's really cool how people chose such beautiful and unique cakes. And the people who make them are such artists. Some are so beautiful I don't even know how they cut into them!

k... said...

Great now I want cake. I love the 3D ones that pop and the donut one is genius. My sister is going to make an elaborate cake for the wedding but shhh...it's going to be fake. She'll make plated ones for the guests.

Laura said...

I think the third to last one is my favorite. Now I want cake. Lol

Shannon said...

I think the second one is my fave. It's so simple, but so pretty!

theFoodette & Family said...

I'll take the donut cake! lol too funny!
thanks for the ideas, early october is my cake tasting date with my sister- she has no idea what she wants! lol
*Susan

Brandt & Shardi said...

Thank you for all the great comments! I absolutely love hearing from you guys. Glad you like the cakes! :)

Katie said...

I agree with cake not being super important… As long as it tastes good and isn’t ugly, I really don’t care. We plan to have cupcakes for our guests and a small two-tiered cake for the cutting/anniversary tradition on our own. I do, however, love the Polaroid toppers in one of the cakes above! Cheap and unique! Sounds perfect.

Emily said...

Those cakes look awesome, but my though on cake decorating is: the more elaborate and beautiful it is, the less yummy it tastes. I am of the mind that simple and and pretty is good, and taste is awesome. My brother and his (new!) bride wanted cheesecake. Can't get more simple-looking than that, but let me tell you-- It. Was. DELICIOUS. Mmm..

Ashley said...

thanks to you, I just found our wedding cake!! :) SoooOOoooo excited!! How lovely!

<3 Ash

Brandt & Shardi said...

Kat: I think the cupcake idea is great! They look cute and you know they'll taste awesome! Thanks for commenting.

Em: OOOOO cheesecake. You have no idea how much I love cheesecake. Sounds delicious!

Ashley: Yay!! Which one?

Anonymous said...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0bnZcsQV9EY/Tm-wiwfnxoI/AAAAAAAAAS8/kZtN64mIGf4/s1600/Screen+shot+2011-09-13+at+2.11.15+PM.png

Please pls tell me where you found this design. Are those ribbons or is it fondant?

Belle The Magazine said...

What a beautiful round up of wedding cakes! They're all pretty, but my favorite is the lace one.

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Google Analytics