I love this DIY idea from The Wedding Chicks. It makes decorating your own wedding cake looks super easy. For brides on a budget who are considering making their own cake (or having a friend or family member do it), this is the perfect project. It's super simple, and when you're done, it looks so chic and beautiful! Nobody would know that you didn't pay top dollar for it.
The beautiful rosettes that are used for decoration can be put on any cake. Make a short round cake, a square cake, a tiered cake, or tiny French cakes, like the ones pictured. Then make some of these beautiful rosettes, adorn it with a bold ribbon, and you've got a professional-looking cake that's easy to make and easy on the wallet.
2. Card stock (a variety of shades is nice)
3. A Pencil
4. Ribbon (for added décor)
1. Lightly trace a spiral pattern on a 5″x5″ piece of card stock
2. Cut out the spiral along its lines
3. Simply roll the spiral from the outside until it forms a rosette and pull away the edges to make the rosette “bloom”
4. Cut out leaves for the rosette using green card stock
5. Place the rosette on the top of your cake, or around the edges.
6. Cut a piece of ribbon to go around the base, and glue it in place using non-toxic adhesive.
Again a special thanks to our North Carolina Photographers, Hilton Pittman Photography for this crafty DIY!